Posted by: Heather Shy on May 22, 2020 at 3:00 pm
Don’t Upgrade Your Server! (Until You Read This)
Cloud computing could save your business quite a bit of money on software, hardware, upgrades and services.
Instead of purchasing hardware and software for your office, with cloud computing you put your programs on a highly secure “super-server” online. All you need is an Internet connection to your office and you’re in business.
Here are 9 reasons why “cloud computing” has caught on FAST with small to medium businesses, and why you might consider it too:
- Create An INSTANT Virtual Office. Access and work from any secure PC, laptop or device. If you have employees who travel, are in remote locations or ever need to work from home, this is an ideal solution.
- Save Hard Dollars On Software, Hardware And Support. Never purchase, install or maintain servers or other network equipment again.
- Less Downtime and Fewer Problems. Software in the cloud runs on extremely fast and reliable systems that include some form of redundancy. Compare that to your own server going down; until you get it fixed, you’re unable to work.
- Automatic Disaster Recovery. If we’ve said it once, we’ve said it 100 times: make sure you back up your data. But when your data is hosted in the cloud, the backup is done automatically for you and accessible from anywhere you work.
- Less Expensive To Scale Up Or Down. With cloud computing, you pay only for what you need. Increase or decrease storage or resources when necessary.
- Hassle-Free Software. All of your software is loaded on a server in a datacenter and then shared over the Internet. There are no software disks to manage, organize or file.
- Environmentally Friendly. Cloud computing uses significantly less power in your office. You also won’t have to upgrade your hardware as often, which means fewer PCs, laptops and other components piling up in landfills.
- No More Expensive Software Upgrades. Networks in the cloud benefit from automatic software upgrades; best of all, they are done FOR you.
- Reduced Maintenance. Software in the cloud applies patches automatically. This means fewer reboots and downtime for maintenance. It’s all taken care of for you.
What’s the Process?
The first step is our Cloud Readiness Assessment:
- We’ll look at your current network hardware, software, data and applications.
- We’ll also compile an IT cost assessment to reveal your total spend on IT, including Internet connectivity, support and other fees. Our goal is to find ways we can lower your overall IT costs while simplifying and improving your workflow.
- We then look at how you and your employees work and see what applications or processes we can safely move to the cloud to improve ease of use and lower your costs.
In addition, we can perform our custom Network Assessment of your entire network to look for potential problems, security loopholes, spyware and other hidden problems you might not know about.
When the assessment is complete, we’ll give you a Cloud Action Plan that shows you how we can save you money and resolve a number of workarounds and problems you have been experiencing to date. Even if you decide not to hire us, this 3rd-party assessment will give you a good idea of what you are able to do with the power of cloud computing.
Interested in what the cloud can do for you? Have a chat with your account manager, or call our sales team at 810-355-2280, option 1 for a no-obligation conversation. Or fill out the form at the right and someone will be in touch within 1 hour.
Image credit: User heladodementa on Pixabay.
Wondering how other small businesses are using cloud computing? Check out this infographic from NFIB.com.