In a time where news of data breaches are becoming “the new normal,” the need for organizations to evaluate their overall risk and avoid becoming the next victim has become critical. Organizations simply can’t protect themselves from risks they’re unaware of. Additionally, many organizations are simply unsure where to start. That’s where Network Penetration Testing comes into play.
What is Network Penetration Testing (Pen Testing)?
Network Penetration Testing, often referred to as ‘Pen Testing’, is an in-depth security exercise where cybersecurity experts simulate a cyber attack on your business’s network. This process helps in identifying vulnerabilities in your network—the same vulnerabilities that hackers could exploit. For small businesses, this is crucial. Unlike large corporations, small businesses often lack the extensive resources for robust cybersecurity, making them attractive targets for cybercriminals.
Penetration Test vs Vulnerability Test
A vulnerability assessment is like a mechanic noting that your car’s alarm system isn’t working; however, a penetration test is like the mechanic actually breaking into your car to demonstrate how the alarm’s failure could lead to the theft of the stereo system, important documents in the glove compartment, and the spare tire in the trunk. The penetration test then provides a comprehensive guide on fixing the alarm, enhancing the car’s security features, and securely storing valuable items.
What a Vulnerability Test will find:
- Patching vulnerabilities
- Default passwords amongst services
- Configuration deficiencies
- False positive vulnerabilities (e.g. flagging services based on version numbers, not knowing if patches are applied)
What a Penetration Test will find:
- Weak domain user account passwords
- Sensitive files stored on network shares
- Sensitive data within databases
- Weak password policies
- Network share permission issues
- Man-in-the-middle attacks and possibilities
Why TAZ Networks for Pen Testing?
- We’re Experts: We use top-notch cybersecurity experts, adept in the latest cybersecurity techniques who strive to give you the best service. (OSCP and OSCE certified with 10+ years experience.)
- Tailored Solutions: We understand that every small business is unique. Our Network Penetration Testing is customized to your specific business needs.
- Stay Ahead of Trouble: Find and fix security weak spots before they become problems.
- Check Off Compliance Boxes: Keep up with rules and regulations in your industry easily. This can protect you from potential legal and financial repercussions. The entire solution meets compliance requirements for regulated industries: PCI, HIPAA, SOC2, etc., and Cybersecurity insurance.
- Peace of Mind: With TAZ Networks, you gain the assurance that your network is being tested and secured by experts, allowing you to focus on growing your business.
- Save Money: We provide top-tier Pen Testing services at a price point accessible for small businesses, ensuring your investment in security is both effective and affordable. Fixing issues early is way cheaper than dealing with a cyber attack after it happens.
How We Do It
Our Pen Testing is like a security drill for your business. Here’s how we do it:
- Planning: We figure out the best way to test your specific systems.
- Scanning: We look at how your systems react to potential threats.
- Testing Access Points: We gently test your systems to find any weak spots.
- Simulating Real Threats: We mimic real hacker techniques to see how your systems hold up.
- Reporting Back: We tell you exactly what we found and how you can make things even safer.
Did you know?
In comparison with larger organizations, SMBs usually have very few resources to draw on in order to protect themselves against cyber threats and to help them recover if they experience a security breach. In line with this, a 2019 survey found that 25% of SMBs suffering a data breach in the previous 12 months ended up filing for bankruptcy and 10% actually went out of business. Source: National Cyber Security Alliance (2019).
Let’s Keep Your Business Safe: Network Penetration Testing
You’re great at running your business, and we are great at keeping it safe. In a world where cyber threats are constantly evolving, Network Penetration Testing is not just a service—it’s a crucial part of your business’s defense strategy. Contact TAZ Networks today to learn more about our Pen Testing service and take a big step towards peace of mind.
Ready to Protect Your Business? Email Us | Give Us a Call: 810-355-2280
[© 2024 TAZ Networks. All Rights Reserved.]