Posted by: Heather Shy on August 27, 2021 at 8:00 am
Do you love spending money on servers, backup devices and IT upgrades? If not, maybe it’s time to move to the cloud.
We try not to get our feelings hurt by the fact that no one likes spending money on IT. Sure, everyone wants their laptops, email and applications secure, running fast, and readily available 24/7/365. Unfortunately, your friends aren’t going to visit your office and oooh and ahhhh over your new server. And, it certainly won’t provide you hours of entertainment or bragging rights at your next high school reunion.
So how can you get the tools you need to work without spending an arm and a leg? More and more small business owners are choosing to move their network to the cloud. By hosting your server, data and applications off-site, you free yourself from purchasing, installing, and maintaining your own in-house computer network. You’re not required to buy a new server and workstations every 3 to 5 years to keep everything updated. All you need is an Internet connection and a web browser, and your cloud provider does the rest.
In addition to the cost savings, here are some benefits of moving to the cloud:
- Automatic Backup. Businesses that host all of their server, applications and data in the cloud don’t need a separate, on-site backup. In some cases, that can save a business thousands of dollars by eliminating the need for a separate BDR (backup and disaster recovery) device and service.
- Work Remotely From Any Device. By hosting your server and workstations in the cloud, you can access key applications, documents, e-mail and processes via a web browser, freeing you to work remotely from whatever laptop, tablet, or PC you prefer. All you need is a good Internet connection and a web browser.
- Easier Cash Flow. When your network is in the cloud, you aren’t faced with a big, expensive network upgrade every 3 to 5 years. All you pay is a fixed monthly fee for the computing power you need, just like a utility. If you need more users, space or features, you add them. If you need to dial it back, you can do that too. Paying a monthly service fee frees you from the hassle of managing physical hardware and software licenses to install and maintain on-site.
- Your Network How You Want It. Moving to the cloud doesn’t have to be “all or nothing.” Does it make sense to keep your files in the cloud and your applications local? Or vice-versa? Build your cloud network in the way that works best for your business.
To find out if all or parts of your network can be hosted in the cloud to save you some money and to simplify IT, call us at 810-355-2280, option 1, for a free Cloud Readiness Assessment. There’s no cost or obligation, and you just might discover that it’s the solution you’ve been looking for!
OR, request your free Cloud Readiness Assessment online by filling in the contact form here.
Free Cloud Readiness Assessment Reveals How Cloud-Ready Your Business Is And How Much Money You Can Save
During your free Cloud Readiness Assessment, we will help you uncover:
- How using cloud technologies may eliminate the cost, complexity and problems of managing your own in-house server while giving you more freedom, lowered costs, tighter security and instant disaster recovery.
- We’ll give you honest answers to your questions and detail – in plain English – the pros AND cons of moving your specific operations to the cloud.
- The TRUE cost savings that your business is likely to realize by moving your operations to the cloud.
Even if you decide not to move your network to the cloud or engage with us as a client, you’ll find the information we share with you to be extremely valuable and eye-opening when you make future decisions about IT. After all, it NEVER hurts to get a third-party “checkup” of your IT system’s security, backups and stability, as well as a competitive cost analysis.
Request your free, no-obligation Cloud Readiness Assessment by calling 810-355-2280, option 1, or fill in our contact form. We will not share your business information.