Are you wondering how TAZ Networks can help you during the pandemic? Bookmark this page! We are actively adding TAZ Networks updates, as well as resources for businesses and workers here. In addition, please reach out to your Account Manager with any needs or concerns during this time.
If your business meets the criteria for “critical infrastructure” or “essential business,” please let us know. You will be given priority.
If you are not a client, but your business has 15 or more computer users on a network, we can help you! Fill out the form on the right and we will reach out to you as soon as we can, to help you keep your business running during these unprecedented times.
Reopening the TAZ Networks Office — What This Means For You
(Posted May 21, 2021)
As noted in our reopening blog post, the TAZ Networks office will reopen June 1. Here are some other highlights from the post:
- Onsite client visits will return to contracted levels.
- We request that unvaccinated visitors wear masks in our office.
- We will comply with client masking policies, as well as requiring unvaccinated staff members to wear masks while at client locations.
- The depot table service will continue; please call ahead to arrange a dropoff or pickup during normal business hours.
- Remote and hybrid staff locations will continue, although there will be staff in the office each workday.
- For best service, use our ticket portal, call 810-355-2280, option 2, or email the service desk for best service.
We look forward to seeing you again soon!
“Pause to Save Lives” Update
(November 17, 2020)
In light of rising coronavirus cases and the recent guidelines from State of Michigan, TAZ Networks will once again limit onsite service visits until at least December 9. What does this mean for you?
To get assistance: As always, contact our service team directly to get started. You can:
- Call 810-355-2280, option 2; or,
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org; or,
- Create a ticket in our ticket portal.
Our service team will do all we can to solve your issue remotely.
To drop off equipment for service: Occasionally, laptops and other small hardware can be dropped off at our Brighton office for service. Again, contact our service team first to make arrangements. Then follow the directions given to drop off your item at our Brighton office. We have a table in the lobby with cleaning supplies for your convenience. Please wear a mask when visiting our office for any reason.
If an on-site visit is necessary: Until at least December 9, we will only provide onsite service for critical-level issues. These will be approved on a case-by-case basis by either Tavis or Grant. Additional precautions will be required.
In addition, the State of Michigan has released an app that can let you know if you have come into close contact with someone who has tested positive for coronavirus. Learn more here.
As always, please reach out if you have any questions or concerns. Our goal is to work together to meet your IT needs while keeping each other as healthy as possible.
Government resources for workers and small businesses:
Pure Michigan Small Business Relief Initiative
Information on working from home and business continuity:
TAZ Cloud Services – our desktop-as-a-service offering that allows you and your staff to work from anywhere with internet connectivity, just as if you were in the office.
Meeting the Challenges of Working from Home – blog post, 3/20/2020
6 Ways to Stay Secure Online – updated blog post, 3/13/2020
Should Your Staff Work from Home? 9 Questions to Answer First – blog post, 3/6/2020
Business & Work After COVID-19 – blog post, 4/3/2020
Your Business and the Novel Coronavirus – blog post, 2/28/2020
4 Tips for Flu Season – blog post, 2/7/2020
A Possible Remedy for Pandemic Fatigue – blog post about Gather.Town and proximity chat, 11/20/2020
TAZ Networks 3/24/2020 Coronavirus Update:
To our clients:
As you saw yesterday, the governor issued Executive Order 2020-21 for the State of Michigan due to the COVID-19 pandemic that went into effect at 12:01 today. At the current time and with our understanding of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency memo on essential critical infrastructure workers, we have deemed all TAZ Networks employees as “Critical Infrastructure Workers” due to working in the Information Technology field. Rest assured we are open and here to assist you. However with this latest Executive Order and the intent to limit exposure and keep our employees safe, we will be making some further changes to our support until April 14th or whenever this Executive Order officially expires.
Please note our changes in support below:
- Point 1 of the Order talks about “prohibiting work that is not necessary to sustain or protect life”. For this reason and to keep our personnel as safe as we can we will be moving to Emergency Only onsite visits. All site visits must be approved by either myself or our Service Manager, Grant Thomson. If we deem a site visit as an Emergency we would like to schedule these visits for a time when hardly any personnel is onsite at your location. This might include a time that is off hours so as to limit contact with as few as possible.
- Point 3 of the Order reminds us of the need to “adhere to social distancing measures”. We know that we will need to continue to support some clients that are considered “critical infrastructure” as well. For this reason we are setting up a depot table in our lobby where a user can drop off a computer with no interaction from our staff. They will need to attach a document provided at the table for identification and sanitize the machine. We will then notify the contact of availability of the machine after its repair and it can then be picked up in the same manner off of the depot table. This provision will be recommended by our team when necessary.
- We are increasing personnel on our phones. Our call volume has been off the charts with the need for your employees to work remotely. Rest assured we are working as diligently as possible to answer every call in the order it was received. I’m extremely proud of how hard my staff has been working. Your patience during this time is greatly appreciated!
- We will prioritize tickets based on direct needs of the COVID-19 pandemic. Like you I have been struck by the sad scenes that we have seen of many fighting for their lives and the hard working people risking their lives to help. With this in mind, our clients that have let us know they are directly providing assistance or materials for this pandemic will be given our top priority. This, for example, includes some of our clients that are producing vaccines, personal protection equipment, and ventilators. We are proud of the work these great clients are doing. If you are a business that is involved in this critical work, please let me know so that we can give you the highest priority we have, and I guarantee you will have the full support of my team.
If you have any questions on your current support needs please reach out to your Account Manager. We know how much you rely on technology and we are here to help. Please “Stay Home, Stay Safe” as much as possible so we can all get through this together!
— Tavis Patterson, President
TAZ Networks 3/17/2020 Coronavirus Update:
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is causing confusion and uncertainty across the globe. Businesses are attempting to deal with the outbreak by following World Health Organization (WHO) guidance on how to protect workers while continuing to operate normally and service customers. I’m sure that your business is no different in this regard.
At TAZ Networks, we have encouraged a work-from-home policy to limit the potential spread of infection. While we implement these business continuity processes, I want to assure you that we are operating as normal. We have seen much higher levels of support requests than normal especially when it comes to assisting clients with work from home setups. We are doing our best to keep up with this demand and assure you that your request will be handled in the order that it was received. We are entirely a cloud-based company which allows us to utilize all these methods to service you effectively.
We have also seen a noticeable spike in demand from our product distribution partners as well. Rest assured they are doing their best to fulfill any orders you may have but with the worldwide demand (much like your local grocery store!) we are seeing delays in fulfillment of orders. Your Account Manager will give you an honest evaluation of when or how we can purchase necessary items.
We are continuing to monitor the situation regularly and will update you our valuable clients when conditions or support requirements change.
Our commitment to you during this situation remains as strong as ever. Thank you for your business and we hope that you and your families stay safe.
TAZ Networks Inc.
TAZ Networks 3/13/2020 Coronavirus Update:
We hope you, your staff, and your family are all well. In light of the current coronavirus pandemic and with high regard to the well-being of all of my employees, I am adjusting temporarily how we at TAZ Networks service you, effective immediately until April 1. This date will be reviewed as events develop around us.
- “Clients Are Everything” continues as our main directive. We will assist our clients via phone calls, tickets, and emails, as well as providing only essential onsite service.
- However, we will discontinue general maintenance site visits, any service visits that can be done remotely, and onsite Account Manager meetings for the time being.
- We will continue to perform remote monitoring and maintenance.
- Account meetings may be conducted via conference call or video call, as you need and prefer.
- Our dispatcher, Stacie, will be verifying that all onsite service calls to your office will be done when your ticket contact is available and healthy.
Our staff has been directed to work from home during this time. Grant and I will be monitoring our team’s productivity to be sure clients are receiving the service you need.
We live in fast-changing times. I appreciate your understanding that we want to do our part for ensuring the safety of our employees and the general public health, while continuing to provide excellent service to our valued clients.
I am personally monitoring government and health expert directives during this unusual situation. We will update you with any additional changes that affect our relationship. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Thanks, and please be safe along with your families!
TAZ Networks Inc.